Eligibility to Study MBBS in Russia
The largest country in the world, Russia is also home to various medical universities. These world-class universities are particularly famous among Indian students, who flock in thousands every year to pursue MBBS programs!
Of course, these universities offer various benefits on the academic front. Some of them include competent learning infrastructure, English textbooks and study material, excellent hostel amenities and reasonable fees. Thus, if you also are an MBBS aspirant from India, Russia is a prudent choice!
In addition, Russia’s degree programs have global recognition and are part of the WHO and UNESCO top rankings. But how do you qualify to pursue MBBS in Russia? Let’s look at the eligibility criteria for MBBS in Russia for Indian students.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission in Russia for Indian Students
As per NMC, pursuing MBBS in Russia requires Indian students to have the following.
- 11th and 12th Standard should have physics, chemistry, biology, and English as the academic subjects.
- Passed physics, chemistry, biology, and English individually
- At least 50 percent marks together in physics, chemistry, and biology (PCB)
- Should have completed 17 years of age on or before the 31st of December of the year of admission to the MBBS program
Note: To study MBBS in Russia, Indian students don’t have to attend an entrance examination conducted by Russian universities. But it must be noted that Russian universities provide admissions strictly on a first-come, first-serve basis. But some Universities may additionally conduct entrance or aptitude test as per their policy.
Is NEET Required to Study MBBS in Russia for Indian Students?
Wondering if you can do MBBS in Russia without NEET? The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a common entrance examination to seek admission to various medical courses. If you want to study MBBS in Russia or abroad, you must mandatorily qualify for NEET.
- Documents Required to Seek Admission to Study in Russia for Indian Students
- If you want to study MBBS in Russia, you must submit the following documents.
- Duly filled admission form
- Original copy of 10th standard mark sheet
- Original copy of 11th standard mark sheet
- Original copy of 12th passing certificate and mark sheet
- NEET Result (must have qualified the NEET exam)
- 6 passport-size-colored photographs in white background (4.5 cm /3.5 cm)
- Original copy of passport (the first and last page)
Note: If you do not have a passport, you may apply for a Tatkaal Passport based on your admission letter or consult with A.K.Educational Consultants travel assistance team.