Privolzhskiy Research Medical University (formerly known as Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University)
Privolzhskiy Research Medical University is a major center for training medical practitioners in one of the largest regions of the Central European part of Russia. The medical faculty was opened in 1920 as a faculty of Nizhny Novgorod State University. In May, 1930 it became an independent Medical Institute and in June 1994 it got a status of the State Medical University. In 1992 the Faculty of Overseas Admissions was opened in NNSMA. Since 1998/99 academic year the University has started training international students in the English Medium.
The university is staffed with 722 well-qualified specialists among them – 76 professors and 145 associate professors. Faculty of Overseas Admissions is staffed with 166 specialists among them – 32 professors and 56 associate professors. Up-to-date medical equipment is available to the students for their training and research work. Theoretical education is conducted in 8 special buildings, while clinical studies are carried out in well-equipped clinics and hospitals. Instruction in English is given through lectures and practical classes. Working group consists of 8-10 students. An important part of the training is the observation of patients, which aims at improving clinical thought of the students.The university monitors constantly the quality of education, new educational programs with the focus on the demands of the modern healthcare and perspective branches of science development are introduced every year.
The main aim of the university is to prepare highly qualified specialists – experts in individual scientific and practical activities at the highest professional level.Study at the university contributes to the formation of the community-minded and harmonically developed personality due to the careful attitude to the student’s leisure facilities, creating big number of students clubs and scientific societies. The students of the university take part in professional competitions every year, they receive grants from the leading pharmaceutical companies for scientific and research activities. Privolzhskiy Research Medical University provides students with large opportunities for postgraduate studies and prepares specialists of the high qualification for the Ph.D. and the Doctorate.
The university actively collaborates with scientific centers of Russian Academy of Science and Russian Academy of Medical Science as well as with the most prestigious and competent Universities of Europe and the USA. Privolzhskiy Research Medical University pays special attention to its integration into the system of the continuous medical instruction and participation in the drawing up educational systems of European countries using advanced achievements of Russian and foreign specialists. Due to its brilliant reputation and high educational standards, the university is popular among undergraduate and postgraduate students from all over the world. Instruction is made according to international requirements and standards of the medical education; during the period of studies students participate at international scientific seminars and academic exchange programs.
A.K.Educational Consultants is authorized & recognised by the Privolzhskiy Research Medical University to recruit foreign students to the Faculty of Foreign Students for studies in English Medium at the Privolzhskiy Research Medical University
Nizhny Novgorod City
Nizhny Novgorod colloquially shortened as Nizhny, is the fourth largest city in Russia, ranking after Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Kazan. It is the economic and cultural center of the vast Volga-Vyatka economic region, and also the administrative center of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast and Volga Federal District. The two major rivers of Nizhny are the Oka and Volga. The dominating feature of the city skyline is the grand Kremlin (1500–1511), with its red-brick towers. After Bolshevik devastation, the only ancient edifice left within the Kremlin walls is the tent-like Archangel Cathedral (1624–31), first built in stone in the 13th century. In 1817, the Makaryev Fair, one of the liveliest in the world, was transferred to Nizhny Novgorod, which there upon started to attract millions of visitors annually.
By the mid-19th century, the city on the Volga was firmly established as the trade capital of the Russian Empire. The world’s first radio receiver of engineer Alexander Popov and the world’s first hyperboloid tower and lattice shells-coverings of engineer Vladimir Shukhov were demonstrated at the All-Russia industrial and art exhibition in Nizhny Novgorod in 1896. Public transport within the city is provided by a small subway system (Nizhny Novgorod Metro), tramways, marshrutkas or minibuses, buses and trolleybuses.
Electric and diesel commuter trains run to suburbs in several directions. Nizhny Novgorod is one of the centers of the IT Industry in Russia. It ranks among the leading Russian cities in terms of the quantity of software R&D providers. There are 25 scientific R&D institutions focusing on telecommunications, radio technology, theoretical and applied physics, and 33 higher educational institutions, among them are Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy.
Nizhny Novgorod has also been chosen as one of four sites for building an IT-oriented technology park—a special zone that has an established infrastructure and enjoys a favorable tax and customs policy. There are more than six hundred unique historic, architectural, and cultural monuments in the city; that gave grounds to UNESCO to include Nizhny Novgorod in the list of 100 cities of the world which are of great historical and cultural value.
There are about two hundred municipal and regional art and cultural institutions within Nizhny Novgorod. Among these institutions there are eight theaters, five concert halls, ninety-seven libraries (with branches), seventeen movie theaters (including five movie theaters for children), twenty-five institutions of children optional education, eight museums (sixteen including branches), and seven parks.
Faculty Of General Medicine:
– is the biggest one. More than half of all the students of the Academy specialize in Surgery, Therapy, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Neurology etc. The training course lasts for 6 years.
physicians are taught here to treat children. The Regional Pediatric Hospital and the Institute for Pediatric Research have been selected as teaching hospitals. Duration of the course is 6 years.
Faculty Of Preventive Medicine:
specialists are trained here to implement the main prophylactic principles of public health to prevent diseases. Graduates from the Faculty are qualified as Hygienists and Epidemiologists. Duration of the course is 6 years.
Faculty Of Dentistry
specialists in Dentistry are trained here. After the basic course graduate students ought to have special primary internship training in the following branches: Dental Therapy, Dental Surgery, Dental Orthopedics and Pediatric Dentistry. Duration of training is 5 years.
prepares pharmacists. Duration of the course is 5 year